Physical therapists assist when a child has gross motor challenges such as crawling, standing, walking, jumping and balance.
What to expect from an assessment:
To understand what is happening, a physical therapist at our Centre will often spend time observing the child, gathering information from the adults in the child’s life and completing standardized assessments. After all of this information is gathered, the physical therapist will discuss assessment results and later provide a written assessment report to parents providing results, strategies and referrals that will assist the family in supporting their child.
- We listen to your concerns and experiences to understand how your child reacts in different environments
- We will suggest strategies that will help you support your child
- You will receive a comprehensive Physical Therapy report detailing your child’s strengths and needs in this area of development
- Your child’s report will give other professionals a full understanding of your child’s needs in this developmental area
For children who:
- Are 3 months to 12 years old
- Live in Canada
- A parent or a primary caregiver must attend the appointment with your child
- Assessments are booked Monday through Friday
- Assessments are typically 2 hours in length
- Physical therapist with expertise in child development and gross motor skill development
An application fee is required when registering for any program or service offered at Aspire.
Once your application and payment are received you will be placed on our waitlist for services.
- This program is a full fee service.
- Fee assistance is not available for this service.
Apply for a Physical Therapy Assessment:
An application fee is required when registering for any program offered at Aspire. Once your application and payment are received you will be placed on our waitlist for services.
Download your Application and return it to Aspire, with your application fee, in person or by:
4826 47th Street, Red Deer AB, T4N 1R2