Psychologists assist when a child has behavioural difficulties or learning challenges.
What to expect from an assessment:
To understand what is happening, a psychologist at our Centre will often spend time observing the child, gathering information from the adults in the child’s life and complete standardized assessments. After all of this information is gathered, the psychologist will provide an explanation of the challenges that a child is experiencing. This explanation may come in the form of a diagnosis if that is what is concluded at the end of the assessment. The Psychologist will then provide a written assessment report to parents providing assessment results, strategies and referrals that will assist the family in supporting their child.
- We listen to your concerns and experiences to understand how your child reacts in different environments
- We will suggest strategies that will help you support your child
- For some children, a diagnosis is provided, if relevant
- You will receive a comprehensive report of your child’s strengths and needs with suggestions
- Your child’s report will give other professionals a full understanding of your child’s needs
For children who:
- Are 18 months to 12 years old
- Live in Canada
- A parent or a primary caregiver must attend the appointment with your child
- Assessments are booked Monday through Friday
- Half day assessments are booked from 9:00am to 12:00noon or from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Full day assessments are booked from 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Psychologist with expertise in child development, learning, and behaviour
An application fee is required when registering for any program or service offered at Aspire
Once your application and payment are received you will be placed on our waitlist for services.
- $1550.00 for Psychological Assessment
- $5,000.00 fee for full Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- This program is a full fee service
- Fee assistance is not available for this service
Apply for a Psychological Assessment:
An application fee is required when registering for any program offered at Aspire. Once your application and payment are received you will be placed on our waitlist for services.
Download your Application and return it to Aspire, with your application fee, in person or by:
4826 47th Street, Red Deer AB, T4N 1R2