Speech-Language Pathologists assist when a child has speech or language challenges:
- Speech is the ability to produce sounds by coordinating and moving specific oral motor structures (e.g., tongue, mouth) at the right time.
- Language focuses more on word meanings, tenses and combinations.
What to expect from an assessment:
To understand what is happening, a speech-language pathologist at our Centre will often spend time observing the child, gathering information from the adults in the child’s life and complete standardized assessments. After all of this information is gathered, the speech-language pathologist will discuss assessment results and later provide a written assessment report to parents providing results, strategies and referrals that will assist the family in supporting their child.
- We listen to your concerns and experiences to understand how your child reacts in different environments
- We will suggest strategies that will help you support your child
- You will receive a comprehensive speech-language assessment report detailing your child’s strengths and needs in this area of development
- Your child’s report will give other professionals a full understanding of your child’s needs in this developmental area
For children who:
- Are 12 months to 12 years old
- Live in Canada
- A parent or a primary caregiver must attend the appointment with your child
- Assessments are booked Monday through Friday
- Assessments are typically 3 hours in length
- Speech-Language Pathologist with expertise in child development, language, and speech development
An application fee is required when registering for any program or service offered at Aspire
Once your application and payment are received you will be placed on our waitlist for services.
- This program is a full fee service
- Scholarships are not available for this service
Apply for a Speech-Language Assessment:
An application fee is required when registering for any program offered at Aspire. Once your application and payment are received you will be placed on our waitlist for services.
Download your Application and return it to Aspire, with your application fee, in person or by:
4826 47th Street, Red Deer AB, T4N 1R2