Posting: May 10, 2017
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Position: Registered Child Psychologist
Reports to: Supervisors of the Early Access to Supportive Education (EASE) Preschool and Individualized Services (IS)
Location: Red Deer, AB
Status: Permanent Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Our team at Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre is growing and changing and we want you to join us! Aspire’s mission is to provide hope to children with special needs, the families who love them and the communities that care for them.
Aspire has an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in both our specialized preschool and our assessment/diagnostic/consultative program.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide a variety of psychological services to children and youth alongside speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and special education teachers. This professional would have a primary focus on addressing behavioural concerns by providing assessment, diagnostic, consultation and intervention services to children with social, emotional and behavioural challenges between 18 months and 12 years of age in consultation with the assessment team.
Benefits of working at Aspire on a multidisciplinary team include:
- Opportunity to gain specialized skills in working with a team to diagnose various disorders.
- Opportunity to play and interact with children with diverse needs and their families, and to experience all facets of psychological practice including assessment, diagnosis, program planning, consultation and direct intervention.
- Incorporating language and occupational therapy test results with psychological assessments in order to present a full picture of the child.
- Christmas break and most of summer off (10 month program paid over 12 months)
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be a Registered Psychologist in Alberta or be eligible for registration (if out of province).
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required.
- Experience providing behavioural intervention with children who have special needs is also required. Training in Autism Spectrum Disorder assessment and diagnosis is an asset.
Start Date: August 28th, 2017
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your resume along with three references to:
Linda Smith, EASE Preschool Supervisor
4826 47th Street, Red Deer, AB
*No phone calls please. Aspire would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.