We understand that there are caring individuals in every community who are impacting the lives of children who have special needs. We want to support your efforts by offering opportunities to learn information that you can use straight away.
Wills & Financial Planning Sessions
We offer workshops throughout the year, free to all community members. Find out information below:
Behaviour Intervention Training
Intensive Behaviour Intervention Training for parents of children 6 to 12 years old. What would it be like for you to know the strategies to address your child's behaviour?
Learn how to:
- Reduce common behaviour problems
- Understand behaviour as communication
- Improve family functioning & relationships
- Link temperament and behaviour
- Advocate for your child
- Decrease social isolation & bullying
- Understand how attachment affects behaviour
Winter 2016 Session:
Testing Limits & Talking Back
For parents of 6 to 12 year olds
January 6 to February 10
Wednesdays, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Location: Sessions will take place at Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre, 4826 47 Street in Red Deer.
Details: This session is open to any family, and the second parent is encouraged to attend at no charge. No child care provided.
Scholarships for this training may be available upon request. For more information or to register, please contact:
The Behaviour Series is presented through funding from RBC Foundation.
Our professionals are available to provide workshops to your group. We can tailor the topic to suit your needs.
Workshop topics that we offer include:
- Anxiety in Children with Asperger’s Disorder
- Facilitating Social Skills in Children with Asperger's Disorder
- Understanding Sensory Integration Difficulties
- Fine Motor Development
- Promoting Positive Behaviour in Children
- Promoting Social Skills in Preschool Children
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Promoting the Development of Early Literacy Skills
- Writing Social Scripts
- Speech and Language Development
- Facilitating Friendships
- Behaviour Intervention – 4 part series
- Anxiety issues
- All about Autism – 4 part series
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Working with Students with Hearing Impairments
For more information or to make arrangements to meet your training needs, please contact
403.340.2606 Ext 219