It can be confusing when your child has difficulty learning or displays challenging behaviour.
This unique 6-week program allows our professionals time to get to know both you and your child. Once we understand what you are going through, we can offer solutions to make your life a little easier. We will help you understand what your child is experiencing so you will feel certain about the next steps you take for your family’s future.
Over the 6 weeks we become familiar with your child and family. In understanding the whole picture, we will provide you with strategies, answers and continued support.
- Our professionals spend each day of the group observing how your child learns and interacts
- We listen to your concerns and experiences to understand how your child reacts in different environments
- We will suggest strategies that will help you support your child
- For some children, a diagnosis is provided, if relevant
- You will receive a comprehensive report of your child’s strengths and needs with suggestions
- Your child’s report will give other professionals a full understanding of your child’s needs
- After the program, we can remain in contact with your family and continue to provide support to your home and links to community programs
For children who:
- Are 2 to 7 years old
- Live in Disability Services - Central Region
- A parent or a primary caregiver must attend the program with your child every day
- We welcome and encourage school staff, community aides and extended family to participate
- The program runs for six weeks
- Pre-TAC meetings are arranged with families a couple months prior to program start date, at this meeting parents will meet with the teacher to do a tour, talk abut the program and complete forms
- Day one of TAC is typically a parent meeting with the Psychologist. Children start on day two
- Children and parent(s) attend Monday through Thursday (9:00am to 11:30am)
- Week six is comprised of individual meetings that will be arranged with each family to discuss and recommend a plan for your child's future
Team of Professionals:
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Special Education Teacher
- Program Support
- An application fee is required when registering for any program offered at Aspire
- Once your application and payment are received you will be placed on our waitlist for services.
- Fee: $50.00
- $1000.00 (for the six week program)
- This program is partially funded by Disability Services - Central Region
- Fee assistance may be available upon request
Apply for TAC:
An application fee is required when registering for any program offered at Aspire. Once your application and payment are received you will be placed on our waitlist for services.
Download your Application and return it to Aspire, with your application fee, in person or by:
4826 47th Street, Red Deer AB, T4N 1R2