Registered Child Psychologist
Position: Registered Child Psychologist
Posting: February 7, 2022
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Reports to: Supervisor of the Transdisciplinary Assessment and Consultation (TAC) Program
location: Red Deer, AB
Our team at Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre is growing and changing and we want you to join us! The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a unique transdisciplinary program that provides assessment and diagnostic information for families as well as direct parent training in both our 6-Week TAC Program as well as our Diagnostic Clinic Program. Our team includes a speech-language pathologist, occupational therapist, psychologist, and classroom teacher. We provide services to children between 18 months and 12 years of age that have social, emotional, learning, cognitive, and/or behavioural challenges.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect diagnostic information through parent report, observation, formal assessment and collaboration with team members.
- Explaining diagnostic and assessment results to families.
- Modeling behavioural intervention strategies to families in a preschool classroom setting.
- Explaining strategies to families to support a child’s social, emotional, learning, cognitive and/or behavioral challenges.
- Writing assessment reports.
Benefits of Working at Aspire
- Opportunity to gain specialized skills in working with a transdisciplinary diagnostic team.
- Opportunity to work in a 6-week parent training program (TAC) that allows time to develop relationships with children and their families and to experience their progress during that time.
- Christmas break and most of summer off (10-month program paid over 12 months).
- Registered Psychologist in Alberta or be eligible for registration.
- Experience providing behavioural intervention with children who have special needs.
- Experience administering a variety of learning, adaptive skill, cognitive, and behavioural assessments.
- Training in Autism Spectrum Disorder assessment and diagnosis is a highly desirable asset.
Start date: April 1, 2022
Salary range: Commensurate with experience.
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your resume along with three references to:
Amber Remillard, TAC Program