Registered Child Psychologist
Position: Registered Child Psychologist (Internal and External Posting)
Posting: July 17, 2020
Closing Date: November 7, 2020
Reports to: Supervisor of Individualized Services (IS)
location: Red Deer, AB
Our team at Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre is growing and changing and we want you to join us! The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide a variety of psychological services to children and youth alongside speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, and physical therapists. This psychologist would have a primary focus on addressing concerns by providing assessment, diagnostic, consultation, and intervention services to children between 18 months and 18 years of age that have social, emotional, learning, cognitive, and/or behavioural challenges.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Home-based consultative services
- Consultation to schools
- Assessment, diagnostic and intervention services to children and youth alongside speech-language pathologists, occupational therapist, and physical therapists.
Benefits of Working at Aspire
- Opportunity to gain specialized skills in working with a diagnostic team.
- Opportunity to play and interact with children with diverse needs and their families, and to experience all facets of psychological practice including assessment, diagnosis, program planning, consultation, and direct intervention.
- Multidisciplinary approach to provide assessment and treatment by incorporating speech and language, occupational therapy, and physical therapy test results with psychological assessments in order to present a full picture of the child.
- Christmas break and most of summer off (10-month program paid over 12 months)
- Registered Psychologist in Alberta or be eligible for registration.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required.
- Experience providing behavioural intervention with children who have special needs.
- Experience administering a variety of learning, adaptive skill, cognitive, and behavioural assessments.
- Training in Autism Spectrum Disorder assessment and diagnosis is an asset.
Start Date: September 1, 2020
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your resume along with three references to:
Christina Deminchuk, Individualized Services
Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre
4826 47th Street
Email: cd[email protected]
*No phone calls please. Aspire would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.