Registered Occupational Therapist
Position: Registered Occupational Therapist
Posting: October 17, 2022
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Reports to: Supervisor of Individualized Services (IS)
location: Red Deer, AB
Our team at Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre is growing and changing and we want you to join us! Aspire has an exciting opportunity for an occupational therapist interested in working in our Individualized Services Program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Consultation to schools
- Home-based consultative services
- A variety of assessment, diagnostic and intervention services to children and youth alongside psychologists, speech-language pathologists, and physical therapists.
- Registered Occupational Therapist in Alberta or be eligible for registration
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Experience working with children with special needs
- Training in ASD assessment and diagnosis is a benefit.
Benefits of Working at Aspire
- Opportunity to gain specialized skills in working with a team to diagnose various disorders.
- Opportunity to play and interact with children with diverse needs and their families, and to experience all facets of occupational therapy practice including assessment, diagnosis, program planning, consultation, and direct intervention.
- Multidisciplinary approach to provide assessment and treatment by incorporating speech and language, psychological and physical therapy test results with occupational therapy assessments in order to present a full picture of the child.
- Christmas break and most of summer off (10-month program paid over 12 months)
- Medical and dental benefits following a probationary period
Start Date: When a suitable candidate is found
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your resume along with three references to:
Jordan MacDonald, Financial and HR Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
*No phone calls please. Aspire would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.