Summer Student – Facility Assistant
Position: Summer Student - Facility Assistant
Posting: June 1, 2021
Closing Date: June 13, 2021
Reports to: Office Coordinator
location: Red Deer, AB
Our team at Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre is growing and changing and we want you to join us!
Exciting opportunity for a post-secondary student interested in working at a Centre that provides hope to children with special needs and their families. This position will offer a diverse range of opportunities.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Facility maintenance and improvement tasks such as painting, construction assistance, cleaning & outdoor grounds keeping
- Administrative duties such as inventory, database entry and research, etc.
- Support as needed to the programs and services at Aspire
This position requires a highly organized, self-starting individual who can manage multiple tasks, work collaboratively with professional staff and be engaging to families.
- be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- have been registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- be intending to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- have a valid driver’s license
Prior painting, cleaning and/or facility maintenance experience is preferable. Knowledge of and/or some understanding of children with special needs is an asset.
Interested applicants should submit a resume with names of three references to:
Diana Sutton, Office Coordinator
Aspire Special Needs Resource Centre
4826 47th Street
Red Deer, Alberta T4N 1R2
Fax (403) 340-2615
E-mail: [email protected]
*No phone calls please. Aspire would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.