Occupational Therapist

We recognize that each situation is unique.

Sometimes a family wants more support at home or in their community program. Also, school programs may require assessment or intervention services to support a child in their classroom. Our Consultation & Therapy Services allow you to design your own program by choosing from any of the services offered.

Boy Drwaing

What does an Occupational Therapist do?

Occupational Therapists (OTs) help children develop skills for daily living. OTs help children to be successful with playing, learning, being comfortable in their own bodies and being successful with others around them.They assess fine motor (e.g. using hands in play or for writing) and daily living skills (e.g. ability to get dressed) to decide on a treatment that is most appropriate for each child they work with.  

They provide strategies for:

  • Fine motor skills - using hands to manipulate tools in play or for writing
  • Daily living skills - getting dressed, eating, hygiene and toileting
  • Sensory or regulatory needs - making sense of the information received through the five senses as well as through movement and balance
  • Visual-motor skills - eye-hand coordination for activities such as pre-printing and puzzles

Consultation Services:

Consultative Services addresses concerns indirectly by providing strategies that are based on your child's developmental abilities; family and/or school identified needs, the resources available; as well established rehabilitation practices. Our therapists can meet with you as often as you need within the school, at home, in the community or at our Centre.

Therapy Services:

Therapy services address concerns directly with your child. Our therapists will provide direct intervention to your child on a regular basis. Therapeutic treatment is more intensive than consultation. Treatment plans are based on your child's developmental abilities, family-identified needs, and the resources in the home or community setting; as well as established rehabilitation practices.

Treatment might include

  • developing a child's strength or coordination
  • adapting materials to support a child in their daily activities
  • altering the environment to assist a child to be more successful
  • assess and treat children who have sensory regulation differences(e.g. is easily bothered by sound).

Assessment Services:

Assessment services are available to provide information about your child’s skills and abilities.  For more information about our assessment services please click here

For children who:

  • Are 12 months to 17 years old
  • Live in Canada


  • A parent or a primary caregiver must attend the appointment with your child

Program hours:

  • Therapy and consultation appointments are booked Monday through Friday 9:00-4:30 pm with some evening appointments available.
  • Therapy and consultation appointments are typically 1 hour in length


  • Occupational therapists have expertise in child development, fine motor skill development, and sensory processing

Consultation and/or Therapy Fee:

  • $110.00/hr.
  • This program is a full fee service
  • Fee assistance is not available for Consultation or Therapy services

Apply for Occupational Therapy Services:

An application fee is required when registering for any program offered at Aspire. Once your application and payment are received you will be placed on our waitlist for services.

Fee: $50.00

Download your Application and return it to Aspire, with your application fee, in person or by:


4826 47th Street, Red Deer AB, T4N 1R2

Download Application


Frequently Asked Questions

My child has a Family Supports for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) contract- can you provide this service?

Yes, we provide all types of therapy services for families who have FSCD contracts. When applying for services, just put a note on the front page stating you have a contract with FSCD. If you are able to, please provide us with a copy of your contract that may help in ensuring we can get you the services your contract specifies.

My child is eligible for Program Unit Funding (PUF). Can you provide this service?

Yes, as PUF is held by the school in which your child is registered, it is up to that school to contact us for those services for your child.  If your child is registered in our Aspire PUF program (our EASE Preschool), we provide onsite therapists in all disciplines to meet the needs of the children we serve.

Our school would like to request consultation in the classroom. Is this something you can provide?

Yes, we provide consultation to schools on a regular basis to support teachers and education assistants in supporting students.  This service is available from therapists in all disciplines including our Behaviour Specialist.  Please contact the Intake Coordinator to arrange.

I don’t seem to see the service I am looking for.  Do you offer more than what is listed on your website?

At Aspire, we are always updating our services to meet family and community needs. We pride ourselves on meeting community need where we can. For this reason if you are not seeing what you are looking for give us a call and if we cannot help you, we will help you identify who can.