It can be hard to think about sending your preschooler to school when he or she has a developmental delay or disability.
Our team will listen to what you want when they create a program to support your child’s learning. Your ongoing involvement in the program is important to us and essential to your child’s success. We believe in inclusion. Every child will receive programming in the community that is best suited to their abilities and needs. Together we can support your child in their learning and development.
EASE is our specialized preschool program for children with severe delays or disabilities. We focus on your child’s individual strengths and needs to build a solid foundation in this crucial stage of their development. Your family will feel engaged and supported as staff guide your child’s learning.
- Our teachers will adapt activities and materials so that your child can learn in his or her most effective way
- The therapy team is on site to respond to your child’s needs
- Your child will be given individualized assistance by one of our Child Development Facilitators (CDF)
- Our specialized program includes FM systems in the classrooms, a fully equipped therapeutic preschool gym and a sensory (Snoezelen) space
- Weekly community days are designed to further your child’s learning experiences
- Family Oriented Programming (FOP) provides you opportunity to participate in activities and learn new ways to assist your child
For children who:
- Are 2 years 8 months, to 6 years old
- Live in Central Alberta
- Are identified by a professional as having a severe delay
- Qualify for Program Unit Funding (determined by Alberta Education)
- From September to the end of June.
- Half-days, Monday through Friday
- Mornings (8:30am to 11:45am) or afternoons (12:30pm to 3:45pm)
- Fridays are for community programming
- 15 FOPs (Family Oriented Programming) are scheduled where parents, children and staff engage in learning activities.
If you or someone you know is interested in learning more about our Early Access to Supportive Education (EASE) Preschool Program, please stop by our Preschool Information Night which takes place in February each year. Staff from our EASE Preschool will be on hand to answer questions and discuss the program with those interested in learning more.