We understand that there are caring individuals in every community who are impacting the lives of children who have special needs. We want to support your efforts by offering opportunities to learn information that you can use straight away.
Wills & Financial Planning Sessions
Each year, in the fall, Aspire offers FREE Wills and Financial Planning workshops for families of children with special needs.
These sessions touch on Wills information including; estate planning, providing for a dependent child, rules for AISH, discretionary trust for childen and charitable giving. In the same session information on Registered Disability Savings Plan's (RDSP's) is provided. Things like; who can benefit from or contribute to RDSP's, how to open a plan, contributions and limits, and tax implications, are all discussed in this session.
Join us on Wednesday, November 7, 2018 from 1-3pm or 6:30-8:30pm. To attend, please RSVP to [email protected] or 403.340.2606.
This past November, approximately 22 families participated in the workshop.
Our professionals are available to provide workshops to your group. We can tailor the topic to suit your needs.
Workshop topics that we offer include:
- Anxiety in Children with Asperger’s Disorder
- Facilitating Social Skills in Children with Asperger's Disorder
- Understanding Sensory Integration Difficulties
- Fine Motor Development
- Promoting Positive Behaviour in Children
- Promoting Social Skills in Preschool Children
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Promoting the Development of Early Literacy Skills
- Writing Social Scripts
- Speech and Language Development
- Facilitating Friendships
- Behaviour Intervention – 4 part series
- Anxiety issues
- All about Autism – 4 part series
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Working with Students with Hearing Impairments
For more information or to make arrangements to meet your training needs, please contact
403.340.2606 Ext 219